Becoming an ARM School Partner
ARM School partners:
- Apply by contacting the regional program office in their area to get and submit a school partner application;
- Are lower academic achieving schools that are selected on a "first come - first serve" basis, with current school partners receiving first priority;
- Fund a $4,361 cash match with at least 70% ($3,053) from non-federal sources and 30% ($1,260) from federal sources to cover a portion of the living costs associated with each stipended Corps member placed with your organization, and pay this within 60 days of member start date.
- Provide on-site supervision and support for AmeriCorps members by designating an on-site school site supervisor; and
- Provide on-site training and development for AmeriCorps members to assist them in effectively performing as reading tutors.
For further information regarding America Reads - Mississippi, contact a program staff member in your area.